Monday, September 22, 2008

A family affair

Hi all.
Monday is here, so sad the weekend came to an end. It was one of the best so far this semester.  For Cute boy and me, the weekend festivities began on Thursday night in an empty whole-in-the-wall dive bar downtown.  We joined KTWag and her bf for all you can drink night.  Cute boy and I had lots of catching up to do since we did not lay eyes on each other at all during the school week. We both were busy catching up on school work and spending time with our friends.  Although I didn't realize it at the time, the 4 day break from each other was actually great for us.  We were so excited to see one another by the time Thursday night rolled around! Our night downtown was a great weekend kick off.  Friday the bars were also pretty empty since many Gator fans had travelled to Tennessee for the away game on Saturday.  I tagged along with Cute boy and his fraternity brothers around midtown since BFrazz was out of town and KTWag was dog-sitting for a friend.  At BALLS we drank well cocktails, stood on benches and belted out the power ballads of the 90's.  It was great!  I kept up with the boys pretty well for a 5 foot-nothing sorority girl.  Nobody got too crazy though out of respect for the Gators and their big away game the next day.  Saturday was a great day for a Florida football game. Cute boy's family was in town and watching the game with us.  So I put on my cutest game day orange and blue, made seven layer dip and skipped over to Cute boy's house to meet the parents and watch the Gators dominate the Vols! WhooHoo! Everyone loved my dip and was super nice.  I'm so happy I got to meet his family while they were up here visiting.  
As if that wasn't enough excitement for one weekend, the next day I dragged Cute boy to St. Leo where my younger brother goes to school to meet my family.  I didn't think he would actually come since we had to wake up early and he would miss the majority of the Dolphins-Patriots game on Sunday afternoon.  But he came with me anyway, which means so much to me.  In just a few short hours he was able to sense that I am a clone of my mom who is also my best friend.  And that my brother and I are siblings that actually get along and like each other.  My dad even called me out during lunch for liking Cute boy so much that I was extremely nervous to meet his family.  Thanks Dad! Altogether it was a really great day.  Nice to see the family, happy they were able to meet and approve Cute boy.  The Dolphins beat the Patriots.  And we had a great bonding sesh in the car from St. Leo back to Gville. 
The awesome Family Weekend came to an end.  Now back to busy school work and tri-training.  The big race is only 4 weeks away! Cute boy and I are going on a dinner date tonight but the rest of my week is going to be pretty lame.  Im going to have to hold off on having fun until the weekend when my brother is coming up to watch the Gators play Ole Miss here in the Swamp! 
Go Gators! 

Boogie Down yall,
PinkGator

No comments: